Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Trusting God in Troubled Times-Mrs Carol Hopson

Several years ago, while speaking at a retreat in the Pacific Northwest, I was approached by an elderly woman. She told me her name, which was vaguely familiar but I didn't know why. She asked if she could share something with me, and of course I sat down to hear her story. She told me that she had come to know the Lord in my dad's church over fifty years ago and was just rejoicing in what God had done in her life over the years. Then she said, "Do you remember when you were just a wee thing, and your daddy called you up to the front and put you in that big missionary barrel?" I responded that of course I did. She went on to explain what a turning point that was for her. She had been holding on to her children as her possessions and never thought she needed to release them to God to do with as He chose. She had always feared that God might take them far away. That very night, she surrendered her children to the Lord, and peace flooded her soul. Now, she said, all of her children were faithfully serving the Lord in various parts of the world, and her joy was abundantly above all she could ever ask or think! "I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth" (3 John 4). Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: