Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Sound, Disciplined Mind-Mrs Nancy Dufresne

The house represents a man’s life. The life that is built upon the rock is the man who is a doer of the Word of God. The life that is built upon the sand is the man who heard the Word, but failed to do it. Notice that both houses encountered the storm – the rains descended, the floods came, the winds blew and beat upon both houses. Both houses felt the storm, but one house stood while the other one fell. Many years ago, as a young Christian, I faced a particular test that lasted a period of time. Because I was continuing to feel the storm, I wrongly thought that meant I was failing the test and that my faith wasn’t working. After a period of time, I said to the Lord, “Lord, I feel like I have been beat on!” Then the Lord said to me, “That only means that you’re in the last stage of the test.” And He took me to this passage of scripture and showed me that a test can have 4 stages: 1. The rains descended – the house felt the storm in this first stage. 2. The floods came – what was left untouched by the rains was now engulfed in flood waters that had risen. In a flood, that which isn’t anchored down will float away. 3. The winds blew – they can be felt and sometimes heard. 4. Beat upon that house – this implies blow after blow. Up until this time, I had thought that if my faith was working I wouldn’t be feeling and hearing all that I was feeling and hearing, and that the test wouldn’t be continuing; I thought I was failing the test. Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: