Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mrs Carol Hopson-Trusting God in Troubled Times

My way was to be angry, very angry, at their lack of sensitivity and planning. My way was to feel very sorry for myself and decide to never come back to this church again, if asked. My way was to just get through the retreat with my focus on getting out of there and getting home! But was that God's way? "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another…" (Ephesians 4:32, KJV) came to mind. Would my wounded ego forgive these people? Then I remembered, "Do all in the name of the Lord Jesus…" (Colossians 3:17). That meant that even in this situation, hopson 8-6-09 standard.qxp 8/18/2009 10:08 AM Page 62 Breakfast 10: What Voices Are You Listening To? my priority was to represent Jesus, to act as He would. The battle raged in me while the worship music played on. You see, I had yet another war going on inside as the fifteenminute praise and worship part of the service went on for forty minutes. It was now 9:00 p.m. and I hadn't even been introduced yet. I had a one-hour message, which they had notes for, and we were already an hour behind schedule. Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: