Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mrs. Carol Hopson-Trusting God

4. "Because your lovingkindness is better than life, my
lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live"
(vv. 3-4, NKJV).
David now realizes that nothing…not kingdoms,
palaces, power, earthly security, or anything else…compares
to God's loving-kindness, which will never leave
him. Oh, how he must have loved God to come to this
realization while fleeing to the desert. Because he truly
believes it, he says, "My lips shall praise you. Thus I will
bless You while I live." He wants to spend his last hours
praising the Lord, not fighting for what he thinks is fair.
He was willing to leave all in the hands of "Him who
judges righteously."
5. "I will lift up my hands in Your name" (v. 4, NKJV ).
As an Old Testament posture of prayer, lifted-up hands
were a picture of sending prayers up to God, as well as
a readiness to receive that which God gave back to the
believer. It was an outward evidence of putting one's
trust in God alone, and that is what David is doing here.
He also must have realized that God would be the
Righteous Judge of all the wrong that was done to him,
so he didn't have to seek his own revenge. That's what
we were reminded of in the opening verse…that Jesus
kept "entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously"
(1 Peter 2:23).
Are you facing troubled times right now? Does life seem
unfair? I've certainly been there. I have felt that God surely
wasn't seeing what was happening to His child. But that
is never truth! "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously
look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen
you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My
righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:10). God is still in control,
and all He allows is for my good and growth. I pray that in
today's problems, as well as in future trials, I will be ready
to seek Him first, that I will long for His presence to fill my
mind and heart, that I will eagerly spend my day praising
Him for His loving-kindness, and finally, that I will willingly
lift my hands in a prayer of surrender to and acceptance
of His will for my life.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: