Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hopson Carol-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

BREAKFAST #18
Preparing the
meal…
YOU'RE OFFERED A CLEAN HEART!
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a
steadfast spirit within me.…Restore to me the joy of
Thy salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit.
-Psalm 51:10, 12
Have you tried to clean up your own heart? I have, and
it doesn't work. When I was deeply hurt by someone's words
and actions, I tried over and over to free my heart from
anger and resentment. However, it would only work for a
short time, and then the old emotions would take over
again. I tried thinking happy thoughts, and I tried ignoring
the problem altogether, but neither proved successful. I was
definitely losing control of my heart. Have you struggled
with the same thing lately?
Even today, your heart might hold resentment, jealousy,
or an unforgiving spirit. Do you wonder why it's so difficult
to get rid of those feelings? Let's look to God's Word
and see what David prayed in Psalm 51. First of all, he
says, "Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse
me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin
is ever before me. Against Thee, Thee only, I have sinned,
and done what is evil in Thy sight…" (vv. 2-4). You see,
David realized that his sin was against God and that he
needed to repent, turn away from that sin, and seek God's
forgiveness. So, he needed to desire a heart change first of
all and then repent of his thoughts and actions.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: