Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Carol Hopson-Trusting God

BREAKFAST #14
Preparing the
meal…
ARE YOU WILLING TO SUFFER FOR ME?
For you have been called for this purpose, since
Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example for
you to follow in His steps, who committed no sin,
nor was any deceit found in His mouth; and while
being reviled, He did not revile in return; while
suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting
Himself to Him who judges righteously.
-1 Peter 2:21-23
In all of my counseling over the years, this seems to surprise
people the most…that God says we have been called
to suffer. Many Christians believe that when they become
part of God's family, they receive a ticket to a pain-free life,
and then they are discouraged, distraught, or even devastated
when difficult trials come their way. We don't always
know the purpose of our suffering, but God does give us
clear direction as to how we are to handle it. We are to
"commit no sin" when wronged or when enduring trials,
and we are told to "utter no threats" because we can entrust
ourselves and our situation to God, who will be the
Righteous Judge. For me, it has been incredibly freeing to
realize that God will make everything just in His time, so I
don't need to be bitter or take my own revenge. Trusting in
my trials is entrusting all to Him…my life, my reputation,
my character, my future, my pain…and accepting how He
decides to handle it.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: