Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hopson Carol-Trustin God in Times of Trouble

The book of Philippians is written by the apostle Paul
from a prison cell. Do you think that is where he expected to
be when he set out on a missionary journey to serve God…to
encourage believers…to be a light in darkest Rome? Probably
not! But Paul knew some very important truths, and he based
his life on those principles in every storm of life.
Let me explain by telling you about some dear friends of
ours. They live in "tornado territory" in the Midwest and
are often faced with great weather dangers. When I asked
how they lived with that, they said, "We all have to listen
for the storm warnings (sirens) that warn us of danger, and
we heed them immediately and get ourselves to safety. If
you heed the warning, you will be just fine." They went on
to assure me that shelter and protection were available for
them; they just needed to know where to go, and then they
must go without delay.
For some reason, this reminded me of the storms in my
own life. I've been hit with a few tornados in my years of
ministry, and sometimes I've heeded the warning sirens,
but other times I've let the storm do great damage because
I wasn't going to the "storm shelter" of God's Word for protection.
Let's get back to Paul and see how he could write
"the book of joy" while being chained in prison.
As I look at the fourth chapter of Philippians, I see the
warnings that he heeded…no matter what his circumstances
were.


As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: