Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hopson Carol Mrs.-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

I'm afraid of suffering with a painful illness for a long
time.
I'm afraid of the direction our country is heading.
I'm afraid that God might take one of my children
away from me.
I'm afraid that God might ask too much of me.
I'm afraid that my situation will never get better.
These are all fears that many people struggle with at
some point in their lives. Because of the unknown, we prime
the pump of worry and then spiral down into fear and end up
very stressed or even depressed. But does God's Word ever
tell us to be stressed, worried, or fearful? I haven't found that
in God's Word, and I've been studying it for more than forty
years, so why are we fearful?
I think we get afraid when we think we won't like what
God might allow and we fear that it will be too difficult to
handle. Years ago, my husband was leaving for a three-week
mission trip to a third world country, and I wasn't able to go
due to the cost. We were excited about this privilege for him
and the ministry he was going to have. I anticipated it all
with him and helped him plan and pack and then took him
to the airport. (Keep in mind that this was when we had no
e-mail and no cell phones to stay in contact, so I knew that I
might not hear from him for the whole three weeks.) As I
bravely said good-bye, I thought I was doing pretty well considering
we had been married for over thirty years and had
never been apart for more than a few days.

As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: