Monday, December 6, 2010

Carol Hopson-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

What is your purpose today? Did you think of all you
have to accomplish…the chores… the errands…caring for
your family? Those are all good things that do need your
care. But the overall purpose in doing all of these things
should be to magnify Christ in the way you handle things
today. Will your family see that you are making Christ's
love, joy, and peace clearer for them to understand by the
way you speak and act? Colossians 3:17 reminds us, "Do all
in the name of the Lord Jesus…," which means to do all as
if "representing Jesus" to those around you.
I was not in the best frame of mind one morning. I had
company again, and now we needed to take them on a tour
of the area, the Christian school where my husband ministered,
and so on. We had done this many times with many
people, and I had so many other things to do and was a little
annoyed that I had to do this again! After complaining
to God in my prayer, He got my attention and clearly
reminded me, through Philippians 1:20, that my purpose
was not to have my way today but to let Him have His
way…with a joyful attitude. "Rejoice in the Lord always;
again I will say, rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4).
With a new attitude, we left the house to show our
friends the area, the beach, some of the special sights, and
then the Christian school. As we were walking through the
campus on a Saturday morning, we ran into a teacher and
introduced her to our guests. After walking on, the Holy
Spirit prompted me to go back and talk with that dear
teacher as I had seen something in her face and heard discouragement
in her voice. I excused myself and let my husband
continue the tour while I went back to find the
teacher. As I approached her, I asked if there was anything
I could do for her as God had sent me back because He loved
her so much and cared about her. Could I pray with her
about anything?





As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: