Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mrs. C. Hopson-Trustin God in Times of Trouble

I remember a time when a very dear friend had hurt me
deeply, and I didn't understand why. She had turned on me
for seemingly no reason and had pulled away without even a
phone call. Now, I cherish my friends and work hard at being
a good friend and being there for them, especially in the hard
times. So this was really hard for me to accept, and it became
an emotional cross that I was bearing daily because it left
such a void in my life. After suffering for weeks, I went to
God's Word and He brought me to the passage in John 13:1-
5 where Jesus is about to wash the disciples' feet. I was
struck first by the words in verse 1: "He loved them to the
end." Even knowing of Judas' betrayal, He still loved him.
And then as an act of humility and obedience to His Father,
He took a towel and washed the disciples' feet.
Tearfully I read and reread this portion of God's Word.
Was I willing to "take a towel" and humble myself and go to
my friend and seek to restore the friendship, even if I wasn't
at fault? After praying over this, I gave her a call, and she
agreed to meet with me. Let me just tell you that I was a little
anxious and not at all sure how I could get through this.
But I needed to do what God's Word had convicted me to do,
and so I went in and met with her. All of my worries and
fears fled when I saw her tear-stained face, and I reached out
to embrace her. The healing had already begun by the simple
act of "taking up my cross" and seeking to honor the Lord
with my attitude and actions.


As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: