Monday, December 6, 2010

Mrs. C. Hopson-Trusting God in Times of Trouble

BREAKFAST #16
Preparing the
meal…
DO YOU NEED WISDOM?
His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
-Isaiah 9:6
If I were to introduce my husband to you, I could say,
"This is my husband, Jim, and I love him." That tells you
just a little bit about Jim…that he's married to me and that
I love him. But suppose I told you that my husband was a
very special man, a committed Christian, a wonderful
father to his children, an incredible grandfather, a passionate
Christian school administrator, a devoted and loving
husband, a faithful friend, a respected mentor…now you
would really know who my husband was. You heard lots
more names, and it revealed so much more about his character.
So it is with God. As I've been studying God's character,
I've seen how His names reveal so much about Him,
and I fall in love with Him more and more.
Do you find the counsel you get in the world confusing
at times? I do! You hear that you are to do this or that when
raising your children, and then the next year you're not
supposed to do it…it will damage them. You hear that we
should always stand up for our rights, we're number one,
don't give in to anyone, and yet the Bible says we are to
humble ourselves…and on it goes. That is why I'm so
thankful that God has revealed Himself as our "Wonderful
Counselor." This means that He is an exceptional or distinguished
Counselor. His words are unique, and they will
meet our emotional and spiritual needs. David knew this
when he wrote, "Thy testimonies also are my delight; they
are my counselors" (Psalm 119:24).


As a "partnership publisher," we partner you with a team of professional editors , typesetters , cover design and printers to create a high quality product and then we work with you to help market and distribute your book in today's rapidly changing marketplace.

No comments: