Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Above the Storm-Carol Hopson

Last week, I had a very busy speaking schedule and
was traveling to early morning meetings two days in a row.
On both mornings, there was an accident on the road
which caused almost an hour delay each morning. This
can be extremely frustrating for a speaker who always
likes to be early, or at least very prompt. So, situations like
this can make me tense, nervous, worried, and frustrated.
I had been given no cell number so couldn’t contact anyone
to let them know where I was. Now here’s the exciting
part! As I came to a dead stand-still in the traffic, the Holy
Spirit immediately recalled to my mind the prayer I had
made that morning. I remembered that I had yielded my
plans to God’s plans and asked Him to help me use it for
His glory. This was not a surprise to God! This was out of
my control but not out of His. And so, I completely relaxed
in my Heavenly Father’s presence and spent the time loving
Him and praising Him and thanking Him for whatever
He was going to do. Believe me, this is not my human
response to a traffic delay and not being on time for a
speaking engagement. But God, in His grace, helped me
go with His plan.

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: