Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mrs. C Hopson-Above the Storm

THE JOY OF RESTING
She ran around from dawn to dusk
Just like a little pup.
She swam and ran and climbed and tried
To keep her spirits up.
Though only two, she wanted so
To stay up all day long
And do the things that others did
Was that so very wrong?
But as I took her in my arms
I saw her weariness.
I held her close and stroked her hair
With joy, I must confess.
As she began to give in to
Her Nana’s warm embrace
I saw such sweet contentment on
That precious little face.
I run around from dawn ‘ til dusk
Just like a little pup
And try to keep my spirits high
And all my work keep up.
And sometimes God just needs to say
“Come, child, it’s time to rest!”
And yet I fight it, doing things
I feel are still the best.
But lovingly, He draws me in
To fellowship with Him
And helps me find a place of rest
As other things grow dim.
I’m learning now to seek this place
Of comfort so divine.
And as I rest I see the joy it brings
His heart and mine.
Carol Hopson

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: