Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mrs. C Hopson-Above the Storm

NANA’S STORY
We were vacationing with our children and grandchildren
at a lovely resort. My husband was playing with the
kids in the pool while I was playing in the sand with Lucy.
Eventually, little 18-month old Lucy got tired and it was
time for a nap but we weren’t anywhere near a bed or room
for her to sleep in. She had been trying to keep up with the
bigger kids all morning and was now at the end of her
energy. The problem was that she didn’t know she was at
the end and, like any toddler, she wanted to keep going as
long as she possibly could. I tried to get her to lay down
beside me on a chaise lounge and rest but that wasn’t very
appealing to an active toddler. Finally, when she couldn’t
keep the tears of fatigue away, I convinced her to lay in my
lap on the lounge and just rest for a minute while I sang to
her. She climbed up in her little yellow swimsuit and layed
her precious body on mine. As I stroked her little blond
curls and began to sing to her, she began to relax. Now
Lucy was never the type to stay still for long, so any
moments of cuddling were precious to me. I knew she’d
probably jump up at the end of the song but for some reason
she didn’t move. I asked my daughter if she was asleep
but she said she wasn’t. I began another song and another
and I could feel Lucy’s body totally let go and melt into
mine as she gave up and truly rested in my arms.

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: