Monday, March 14, 2011

Mrs. C Hopson-Above the Storm

Everywhere I went, God opened my eyes to people who
were lonely or hurting, and I tried to bring them God’s love
and healing. Sometimes, it was a profound, life-changing
meeting. Other times, it was a small hug from God for
someone who was discouraged. One of those times was
when I was simply going to the grocery store. I had prayed
that God would make me available to see others through
His eyes that day, but as I raced into the grocery store, I
had already forgotten my prayer. As I began to fill my grocery
cart, my thoughts kept going back to the young man
outside the store who was trying to raise money for a
Christian youth organization. I had been polite and even
said, “God bless you” as I passed by him; but I kept thinking
of the defeated look on his face as I walked in without
stopping. With the prodding of the Holy Spirit, I returned
the things in my cart and went back outside. I told the
young man that I was a Christian and I was sorry that I
walked right past him and then asked if he was discouraged,
as he looked very sad and tired. He told me that it
had been an awful day. No one was interested and no one
was stopping to give to God’s work and then he said these
words, “I feel like a total failure for God.”

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: