Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mrs. C Hopson-Above the Storm

NANA’S STORY
Since Lucy is my youngest grandchild, I seem to have
more recent stories about her, so I’ll share one more at this
point. I think this is one of the greatest lessons I’ve
learned through my precious grandchildren. Ten-monthold
Lucy was playing in the family room which adjoined
our kitchen. I was getting dinner ready and the family was
outside enjoying the back yard. After checking to see
where Lucy was, I opened my lower oven door and pulled
out the casserole. I took it to the counter and then
returned to close the oven door. But to my horror, little
Lucy had somehow crawled all that way in seconds and
was now reaching for the 400 degree oven door. She was
used to playing with the dishwasher door which was at the
same level, and she didn’t know the difference. In my
panic, all I could think of to do was to reach out and fling
her away from the hot oven door, just as she was reaching
for it. She fell back on her little bottom and looked up at
me with quivering lips and tear-filled eyes. It was as if she
was saying to me, “Nana, I thought you loved me! How
could you be so mean to me! You’re the one who sings to
me, cuddles me, and lights up when I enter the room. Why
would you knock me down like that?” Now, did I do this
because I didn’t care or didn’t love her? Did I do it to punish
her? Of course not! I did it solely out of my deep love
for her, to protect her, but she couldn’t understand that
yet.

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: