Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pastor Dave Hoffman-Fear of the Lord

We are to give our lives to our wives first, and then to our
children. That means denying one’s self for the good of your wife
and family. A godly husband surrenders his agendas, his
hobbies, his needs to serve his wife and family. I freely admit I
had the wrong attitude when I entered into marriage with Mary.
In my mind, she was there for me! When you look at the
problems we have had in our marriage, most of them stemmed
from my “me first” attitude. When I finally understood that I
was to minister to her needs first, then our marriage changed
radically!
Husbands, when there is a choice between what you want to
do [fishing, golfing, watching the tube] or serving your wife and
your kids, serve your wife and kids…that’s being a servant
leader. Some may say, “Then what about my needs?” Sir, if you
want your needs met abundantly, beyond what you can ask or
think…serve your wife. When I put my wife first, I’m blessed.
Once my wife told me that when I help her with the dishes, or
when she sees me reading to the kids, she falls in love with me
all over again. Men, take it from me...nothing will cause your
wife to love you and meet your needs more than if she knows you
are sacrificially giving of yourself to her and the children as the
servant-leader.

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: