Monday, June 6, 2011

Above the Storm-Carol Hopson

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Corinthians 15:57)
NANA’S STORY
My little grandson came waddling into my room early
in the morning. I was surprised that he had climbed out of
the playpen in which he slept and wondered when he had
learned to do that. As I picked him up he looked at me and
said “Nana, mouse on!” He had such a concerned look on
his face and my heart skipped a beat. At this age, he only
put about three words together at a time, like “Nana, sit,
pay (play).” I asked him again what he said and again he
repeated with a deeply furrowed brow, “Nana, mouse on!”
Oh no, I thought. Could a mouse have gotten into his
playpen? Had he seen one scampering across the floor?
We hadn’t seen any since we’d moved into this house several
years ago, but there was always a first time.
I told my husband what he said and quickly asked him
to look for this little invader. It was horrible to think of a
mouse near my precious grandchild, and I was eager to
find the culprit. He searched and I searched, but we couldn’t
find any evidence of the little creature. All the time, I’m
holding my grandson and he keeps repeating the same
thing, “Mouse on, Nana!” He was getting more and more
concerned each time he said it. I wanted so much to put
him at ease and show him there was no mouse, but he didn’t
seem relieved. We looked everywhere, getting more
and more frustrated that we couldn’t find the source of his
concern.
At last, after finding nothing, my husband took him
into bed with him and I got up to start getting ready for the
day. About 15 minutes later, I came out of the bathroom
and went to pick up my grandson so that my husband
could get dressed. As I walked towards him, he looked up
at me and gave me a huge grin and said, “Yea Nana!
Mouse on!” As he did this, he pointed to my mouth and I
realized that I had put my mouth (lipstick) on! He had
been so concerned that his Nana had no mouth (mouse)
and was greatly relieved that I had finally put it back on!
(Does that give you a clue as to how I look without my
make-up on?)
Are you wondering how I’m going to use this as an illustration?
Well, the problem was really quite simple. Nana’s
mouth had disappeared overnight and now had reappeared,
so all was well in the world. A tube of lipstick was
all that was needed. But, because we didn’t understand,
we worked ourselves into a frenzy trying to solve the problem.
The simplicity of God’s truth is so clear:
Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you
the desires of your heart.
(Psalm 37:4)


Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: