Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pastor David Hoffman-Fear of the Lord

Tithing Testimonies
I have shared some examples from my own life about God’s
faithfulness to those who tithe, now I would like to share some
testimonies from people I know who have feared God with their
finances.
During a time when our church needed to raise a large
amount of money in a short time I called on some of our most
faithful givers for help. This letter is the response I received
from one woman:
Dear Dave,
When you told me you were calling us to ask us to give to the
church’s special project, I was actually excited that my husband
and I were given a chance to give to God. We still live paycheck
to paycheck, but decided to forego our Christmas present to each
other [to give to the cause]. Since the day we started tithing ten
percent we have seen such miracles in our lives financially. We
built our dream house two years ago, something we never thought
would happen. Six months after we started to tithe, things just
started to fall into place [no one knows except God how we
managed to do it]. We couldn’t sell our old house so we figured
that God wanted us to keep it and somehow that also worked out.
Now we have $80,000 equity in a house that we wouldn’t have if
we would have sold it and done it ‘our way.’ We had to go to court
last year and when our attorney received our financial statements
and tax returns she called me and said, “You know it’s going to be
very difficult to explain how your family makes it on your income
with your expenses. What I’m really going to have a hard time
explaining is how you can afford to give so much to your church.
On paper this looks impossible!” I laughed and laughed because
anyone without faith in God would think that it’s impossible.
I told the attorney to tell the judge that no matter what money
we give, first and foremost it goes to God. My point in all this is
that we are so honored to give anything for God’s causes. We tell
our friends who think they are so broke that the best way to make
it financially is just to give to God first. Dave, I have total faith
in God but I’m still amazed when He sends little miracles. Just
after I wrote out a check [for the church] a client from my business
stopped by with an envelope for me. It had [the money to cover the
check] along with a thank you note. In my five years of business,
no one has ever done that before.”

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: