Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fear of the Lord-Pastor David Hoffman

This wonderful lady and husband provided God with the
opportunity to work a miracle on their behalf. She supported
God’s work and He gave her money to buy Christmas gifts.
Another family sent me this letter:
Dear Dave,
We’ve been Christians for about five years. I’ve heard quite a
few sermons on tithing. Tithing has been a constant sore spot in
our marriage. My husband has had much more faith than I have
in this area. He always told me that if we gave ten percent to God
He would bless us. So, we came up to the altar on a Sunday
morning and I confessed to my husband that I needed him to pray
that I would learn to trust God in this area. He did and a real
peace came over me. We started tithing. We no longer argue over
what we’re going to give each week. Together, we calculate how
much we made for the week and then write a check for ten percent.
Just to let you know how faithful the Lord is, within a month of
making this commitment, my husband who is self-employed,
received a very large job. This particular job took him only two
weeks to complete and it paid him half of what he had made for
the whole of last year. I don’t know why the Lord chose to
instantly bless us but all I know is that we will always tithe ten
percent no matter what happens.
This woman learned that tithing is not about money, it is
about what you really believe in your heart. Tithing reveals who
rules your life and how much you trust God as provider. Martin
Luther said, “First there is the conversion of the heart, then the
purse.”

Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: