Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Trusting God in Troubled Times-Mrs Carol Hopson

While getting more and more frustrated over the political situation and the direction our nation was heading, I was convicted about getting all worked up over something that God has clearly spoken to me about in the past. So I had to confess my worried and angry heart and go back to God's Word for direction and peace. It was then that God gave me two verses that calmed my heart completely: "…your faith should not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God" (1 Corinthians 2:5). "He [the righteous] will not fear evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD" (Psalms 112:7). I truly can't even put into words the peace and trust God gave me that day as I left all my worries and frustrations with Him. He then led me to sit down and write out twenty ways I could honor Him in these uncertain, unstable times. (I've included these in the appendix at the end of the book.) This list has gone out all over the world via the Internet. As I began sharing it with others who were struggling, they would ask for it and would then share it at church or with their Bible study group or send it to relatives in other states and countries. Our mighty God (El Gibbor) was at work and transformed my thinking, and then used what He taught me to encourage and strengthen others. He is always willing and able to take on the battles for us, but we must let Him. You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf.…Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the LORD is with you. -(2 Chronicles 20:17 Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: