Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trusting God in Troubled Times-Mrs Carol Hopson

While preparing to speak to a group of young people, I felt extremely weak and inadequate, and as I approached the day of the message, I felt even worse. I was having a bad hair day, bad clothes day, and even my shoes weren't right. Here I was, a grandma, going to speak to bright, intelligent, very with-it Christian university students, and I looked like their grandmother-and I felt even older. What could I say that would interest them? How could I keep their attention and know what they needed to hear? It was at this point, about an hour before my message, that God brought the above passage of Scripture to my mind. In the past, I always seemed to focus on "My grace is sufficient for you…," which was great, and I loved it. But I didn't usually dwell on the part about being "content with weaknesses" because that was how God would be glorified in my life. God so lovingly brought to my mind that I was having a problem with pride. I wanted these kids to think I was a "cool" grandma and that I could inspire them and hold their attention by my words. God rebuked me and said, "Apart from Me, you can do nothing" (John 15:5). Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: