Monday, May 21, 2012

Fear of the Lord-Pastor David Hoffman

It is obvious that God expects His people to submit to His delegated authority in the Church. Now, does that mean that the pastor is better than anyone else? Of course not. Do I think there are people in our church who might do better than I? I wouldn’t be surprised! But that is not the point. You may be a better speaker than your pastor, even smarter, but the reality is that your pastor is in the position of authority, not you! I joke that when the Lord decided he needed another pastor, He looked around, saw me and said, “Hey, Dave, you’ll do. Come here.” When I received His call to be a pastor my basic response was, “Lord, You’ve got to be kidding!” “No, you’ll do, Dave. Just trust Me. I’ll do the rest.” The governmental flow starts from the pastor, who can then delegate some of his authority to assistant pastors in the church, and to other leadership. But, there is always a governmental flow from God on down. When a person does not submit to the authority in the church, they are rebelling against God. I am not saying the pastor is God, but I am saying that the pastor holds a position of authority in the Body of Christ. And that this authority was given to him by God. When the pastor or other church leadership gives direction, and someone comes against that authority, they are coming against God’s delegated authority…and ultimately against God Himself. Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: