Friday, May 25, 2012

Fear of the Lord-Pastor David Hoffman

Over the course of time, whenever the subject of the pastor comes up, a person who has an offense can’t help but speak out bad remarks concerning the pastor. And it always amazes me how critical, offended people seem to find each other in the church. Friend, if you are looking for things to complain about, or looking for things that are really wrong with your pastor, I’m sure you can find something. As a pastor, I am no better than you. There are many people who might be smarter than me, even more spiritual than me. But again, that is not the issue. God placed me in the position of pastor. Since God put me in this position, I know God has put spiritual authority over me. Knowing this, I must be especially careful about what I say to others. My words do have great impact. There is only one time in the New Testament where we have an example of people refusing to obey delegated authority, and that was in Acts 4 when the Sanhedrin told Peter and the Apostles to stop preaching in the Name of Jesus. The apostles essentially replied, “We must obey God rather than men.” Obviously, if any church leader tells you to do something against the Word of God, or tries to get you into some kind of bondage and control you, you need to say “No thank you” and leave the church. But too often, disagreements in the church come about over nonessential issues that have nothing to do with orthodox Christianity, but only its methods. Are you a Christian authorlooking for a quality publisher that offers over 25 years of experience and expertise? Have you written a book and want to start the publishing process? CSN Books offers quality publishing services including: editing , cover design , printing , and distribution. Check out csnbooks.com for more information and download their FREE Ebook, "Before You Publish." Learn what you need to know before choosing a publisher. We can be searched under Christian publishers or CSN Books.

No comments: