Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Peter L Colman Dr. "Father of the Man" Author

I prayed with Dad and kissed him goodnight. “See you in the morning Dad. I love you.”

“I love you, too, Peter. Glad you came. Hey, we’ll have dinner together tomorrow.”

“Night Dad.”

As I left the V.A., the cold night embraced me, but the soft, reassuring light on the frozen snow led me gently to Uncle Jim’s black van. I made a quick call to inform him that I would be home shortly.

“Where’d you go? What took you so long? We thought you just went to see your Mom.”

“I’ve been with Dad, Jim.”

“Oh, well, whatever. I guess you had to. You’re sure treating him better than he ever treated you. I suppose you’ll go back up tomorrow. We won’t make any plans. Too bad it’s such a short visit, but that’s the way it is nowadays. We never have enough time for everything… Well, see you in a few minutes. Don’t hurry, and be careful. Joyce made the bed for you.”

“Thanks, Uncle Jim.”

“How is your Dad? You know, I’m the one who got him a job at Granite State Optical when he came home from the war…”

“I know, Uncle Jim. Thanks. I’ll be there in just a few minutes. Oh, please tell Auntie Joyce ‘good night’ for me, and that I’ll see her in the morning.”



CSN is quality in writing editing transcribing cover design and typsetting . We provide a very unique service. By helping our clients self publish their manuscripts. We will take you step by step from vision to completion.

No comments: