Monday, April 19, 2010

A Critical Spirit

I am facing a quandary at the beginning of this new week. Someone I respect was very critical of a ministry I highly respect. In prayer this morning I sincerely asked God what is the truth regarding this matter. He began to remind me of many people who we might be critical of or who actually received criticism. This pertains primarily to their passion or emotional response to God.

One of these was King David as he was dancing and was observed by his wife Michal. Another was Hannah as she was pleading with God for a child. Both were criticized for their behavior. I was also reminded of the many moral failures mentioned in scripture. Based on the reasoning of some, David should have turned over his reign or at least sent Bathsheba away after his sin.

I guess my concern this morning is whether we still desire the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil more than we desire the fruit of the tree of life.


CSN books offers all publishing services including proofing, editing, and cover design.
Our printing is high quality, and we offer marketing and distribution.
We are also unique among Christian publishers in that we offer a free review to authors who submit their manuscript.

No comments: